Modification of the educational module E.D.E. - certificate for long-term care providers
The goal of the project is to increase the quality and reputation of educational activities and the international dimension of the professional education of management staff in social services on the European level to support quality care for seniors with the EU. The need for project implementation stems from the growing requirements to ensure quality care for seniors with regards to the demographic changes, population aging and specific needs of these persons in Europe. The educational program to receive the E.D.E. certificate for providers of long-term care for seniors is going to be modified in structure and content through project activities. This will enable distributing it to interested subjects from other European countries. The former European association of long-term care providers (EDE) - currently European Network for Aging (EAN) - cooperate with Association of Social Services Providers Czech Republic and passed the Association onto coordinator role.
The output of the project is going to be an innovated flexible training module that will be freely accessible on the basis of an open license and adapted to the needs of the target group of managers in the field of social services. The educational model is going to be prepared in the form of a curriculum with a detailed description of each module, including e-learning content. The expected range is 30-50 pages.
The new structure / curriculum is going to include:
- creation and justification of training modules in relation to the current situation
- time requirements
- content of educational modules
- recommended forms of education
- educational materials and tools
The new structure / curriculum is going to reflect the modular setting of the curriculum to 3 levels.
- Basic certificate - is going to be generally valid in all EAN member countries. Obtaining a basic certificate is going to be as required minimum for the management staff of residential social service facilities.
- Advanced certificate - this level is going to consist of mandatory modules containing country-specific topics. It means focusing on important aspects and differences in the specific country.
- Professional certificate - this level is going to represent an optional specialization enhancing professional skills of workers in specific areas of care for the elderly.
Entry conditions for the basic certificate is going to be universal for all students/participants. The educational framework for Advanced and Professional certificate is going to be based on the specific legal conditions and on the system of social services in involved countries.
- Focus Group 1: To analyze current situation in the field of executive education in social services and needs in individual European countries and generally suggest possible modifications of the current education system.
- Focus Group 2: To compare current structure and topics of E.D.E. (EAN) certificate with the needs collected through the needs analysis within the 1st focus group and questionnaire survey. The questionnaire survey will take place in all EAN member countries, with the expected return of questionnaires from 15 European countries.
- 3rd Focus Group: To define new educational topics and finalize the content of existing topics of the E.D.E (EAN) modules.
- What qualification and level of education should the manager in nursing home or generally in management in social services to have?
- What knowledge and skills should the manager in nursing home or generally in management in social services to have?
- To define the roles of EAN, national associations and educational institutions in the system.
- Which topics from the current E.D.E. modules should be kept/modified/added?
- Which topics are important for the Czech Republic, Austria and Romania?
- How divide topics into 3 levels - basic, advanced, professional - and how to set up the educational units?
- How to use alternative forms of education in the new EAN certificate?
- How should the procedure if manager having the current E.D.E. certificate decide to apply for the
new EAN certificate look like?
Vančurova 2904, Tábor, 390 04
Phone: +420 381 213 332